Due to a large number of cancellations, the Office of Elections needs to recruit approximately 20 new Election Officers to serve in the Western end of Prince William County on Election Day, November 3rd. Election Officers are the personnel inside a voting place who check your name and ID and direct you to the voting machines.
· U.S. Citizen
· resident and registered to vote in Virginia (we have Officers who live in several surrounding Counties and Manassas City/Park)
· 18 years of age or older
· able to stand and sit for long periods
· like interacting with and helping people
· comfortable using laptop computers
Additional details and incentives:
· training will be provided on Election Day
· this is an opportunity to serve our community in a different way!
· getting the insider's view of election day operations!
· Election Officers arrive prior to 5:00 a.m. and leave after closing the polls is completed, usually between 8:00 - 9:00 p.m.
· Despite the long hours, it is a very rewarding experience!
Interested individuals can click on this link to the online application: www.pwcgov.org/workatpolls. Their application will be sent direct to the Registrar’s email and they need to receive it quickly. They have only a couple of days to process, get Electoral Board approval and have them sign their oath.