I66/Route 15 Interchange: Construction anticipated to begin late 2014.
New information is forthcoming. Will be posted when available.
For additional information, see VDOT I-66/Route 15 Interchange Project website.
I-66 Widening Project: The Pardon Our Dust meeting was held at Haymarket Town Hall on May 8, 2014.
This is the presentation shown at the Meeting.
- The I-66 Widening Project was awarded to Shirley Contracting Company, LLC.
- On or around April 7, 2014, construction will begin on the I-66 westbound off-ramp to Route 15 to provide an additional left turn lane. The left shoulder will be closed and work will be done behind a barrier during daytime hours, but occasional daytime lane closures will occur. It is expected this work will take a couple of months.
- On or around April 13, 2014, construction will begin on the I-66 mainlines. There will be milling, overlaying and shoulder build-up for future lane shifts. Due to the daytime traffic volumes on I-66, this work will occur at night and will have lane closures. It is expected this work will take approximately six to eight weeks, however, it is anticipated to end sooner.
- The Old Carolina Bridge will be closed during demolition and construction of the new bridge. This closure is anticipated to begin in the Summer of 2014 and last until Fall 2015. There will be an informational meeting for the public and interested parties prior to the demolition of the bridge to discuss the anticipated schedule and impacts.
- The new Catharpin Bridge will be constructed adjacent to the existing bridge. Both directions of traffic will be open on the existing Catharpin Bridge during construction of the new bridge.
- The sound barriers are scheduled to be installed from Spring to Fall of 2015.
- Estimated project completion date is 2016.
For additional information on the I-66 Widening project, visit the VDOT I-66 Widening Project
VDOT's Website for more Information
Complete MAP of Town and surrounding areas showing upcoming/proposed/current developments